Thursday, December 11, 2008

7 Quick Takes Volume 3

Well, the most wonderful blogger, Jen at http://conversiondiary.com/ has gotten me addicted to Quick Take Fridays. So fun just to read the random stuff that is in everybody's heads and hearts at the end of each week! Go to her sight to see all the Quick Takes fun.

So, here are my Quick Takes for this wonderful Friday, December 12th! Only 13 days to Christmas ya'll. You have to imagine me saying the 'ya'll' with an East Tennessee twang or it doesn't work....

1. OK, so I already knew this but today it hit me in the face like a ton of bricks for the 2nd or 3rd time in my life....I AM HORRIBLE IN EMERGENCIES. I saw a horrific car accident today.....a tractor-trailer took out a small pickup right in front of my eyes....I was the only one on the scene so I had to call 911. I have had to call 911 several times in the past as well, and let me just tell you, I feel sorry for those 911 people. I was yelling at her "There's been an accident; there's been an accident" over and over without giving her the needed information. And I never know where I am. When she asked me what road I was on, I had to sprint out of my car in the torrential downpour and look for signs. Luckily I was at an intersection where the highway numbers were clearly posted or we would have all been screwed. I was running in the rain back and forth between the two vehicles....Luckily I think that everyone is going to be OK but that is no thanks to me. I think they probably ended up listening to a more rational 911 caller that arrived on the scene a little later.

2. OK, so the most annoying Christmas gift that I am trying to find right now is for somebody that I don't even know. I grabbed one of those Angel Tree angels off at church and got a 13 year old boy who wears size 11 (men's) shoes. The only thing that he really wants is velcro tennis shoes. Well, they don't really make velcro tennis shoes for men. I am afraid I am over thinking it......I can't help but wonder if there is some cool trend that I am missing and maybe just the really really expensive shoes are velcro....or if he can't tie his shoes for some reason and needs velcro....... or if some clueless adult wrote that down and he really doesn't want velcro and if I get them for him he will be mortified. Doesn't really matter though because I can't find them anywhere.

3. I want it to snow so badly!! SNOW, SNOW, SNOW!!!!!!!

4. I have realized that I have a lot of people in my life that are constant complainers. So, the only thing that I can deduce from that fact is that God must want me to have more patience with people that complain, right? I mean, they have to be here for a reason......

5. I have been going through all of our digital pictures on the computer trying to find some really cute ones of the kids to put in some photo calendars I bought for the grandparents for Christmas this year. After going through at least 600 pictures I realize that there are about 7 pictures total where I appear. Out of those 7 pictures, 5 of those are either the side of my face or back of my head. And the two that are actually purposeful pictures of me where I am looking at the camera are really depressing. I look fat, haggard, and all red in the face. I really don't want my children looking at these pictures from their toddler years and remembering me this way, but what can you do?

6. So, somehow I got on to the Victoria Secret catalogue mailing list back in the summer. And the first catalogue I got had sweaters that they were trying to get rid of from last winter. I am a sucker for a deal so I spent something like $13.00 and got two sweaters. Well, it is winter time now and I got them out to wear the other day. I put them on and realize that they are really funky. They have huge cowl necks and sleeves that stop at the elbows. And they hit somewhere between bellybutton and boob. Now, you are supposed to wear a long sleeve shirt under them of course, but I put it on and felt self-conscious the rest of the day. You know how sometimes you just know that you are not pulling something off? So, essentially I have wasted $13.00.

7. I am really getting excited about Christmas. My friend Gina and I decided today that we are going to start a new tradition together...We are going to get our kids dressed up like somebody from the Nativity and throw a birthday bash for Jesus! We are going to act out the Christmas story with the kids and then eat birthday cake and sing and everything. Before we have the party, we are going to have each kid make something for Jesus so that they have a gift for Him at the party! FUN!

Have a blessed Friday everyone! May God bless you and your family!

2 comments:

beckygiggles said...

Need an extra shepherd? That Christmas party sounds like FUN! I'll call you tomorrow. Billy's work party is tonight. I want to hear about your crazy week.

brettinsky said...

A birthday party for Jesus? Your kids will never ever forget that-what great memories!

I am a loser and didn't see your tttt post when I looked on your blog so I didn't put you on the post-I just did, sorry for being late!