Monday, November 24, 2008

My Sweet Babies

My kids have been so precious lately I just feel like I need to write this all out today so that I won't forget it! This is one of the reasons I wanted to blog in the first place, to use it as a diary in a way and write down the things that I want to remember. Abby asked me two hilarious questions today....The first one was "Mommy, if I get gum on my favorite night-night(what she calls her fave blankie), will the workers at the hospital be able to use scissors to get it off?" I had to explain to her that we don't take blankies to the hospital, just people. Then later on in the car she asked me why we had to have a sky. I just told her God made the earth that way...He wanted us to have something to look up to I guess.
Caleb was funny last night......Right before bed he asked me if Matt and I first met on the day of our wedding. I told him that we met way before that and had to decide to get married after we knew each other for a long time. "Why did you get married?" was the next question. I told him that we loved each other and that someday he may find a girl to love and that he may get married when he grows up too. I could tell that this idea was not thrilling to him.......He went to bed and I heard something from his room...At first I thought he was singing but then I realized he was sobbing! I asked him what was wrong and he told me that he did NOT want to get married, did NOT want to leave his mommy and daddy, and was so afraid that when Abby grew up that she was going to live in a different state and not be with him. Bless his little heart; he loves his little sister so much right now. Little does he know that in a couple of years he is probably gonna want her in any state but the one he is in!

No comments: