Friday, November 21, 2008

Em's 7 Quick Takes Vol. 1

Well, I am loving everybody's 7 Quick Takes on Fridays. What fun! A wonderful blogger, Jennifer, at http://www.conversiondiary.com/ has started a really cool trend where on Fridays you just blog about 7 random things on your heart and mind. They can be silly or serious, and I love reading everybody's thoughts! So here goes...

1. So today was show and tell at Caleb's preschool.....Several weeks ago Matt found our old digital camera in the attic and we gave it to Caleb to play with. He loves to take pictures and decided in the last minute rush of the morning to take the camera to school. After I took him in and dropped him off I realized as I got in the car that I had not gone through and deleted the picture that he took of me sitting on the potty the other day. I don't think that it showed too much but I am going to be mortified if his teachers look through those pictures. Maybe they won't. But I probably won't know if they do.......Yikes.

2. So, I really need to clean out my refrigerator. A last year when we bought it new the guy that delivered it told us to clean all the shelves with baking soda to get rid of that "new fridge chemical smell". Well, I tried it and it just ended up leaving this really bizarre residue all over the shelves that I couldn't get off. I was looking in there this morning while I was putting away groceries and am annoyed with myself that since that point I have not taken the shelves back out and tried to scrub them. And now there is just the normal fridge junk on top of that....Yes people. I am saying that I have not cleaned out my fridge since we bought the thing. Shocking and disgusting to some of you.....Strangely comforting to others of you who let things go like I do!

3. So the FOCA thing has really been on my heart and mind this week. I don't think that I have ever been so worried or fearful of a law being passed in this country. I really think that God is telling me to step it up a little bit......It is time to get serious. I just can't believe that my tax dollars may fund late term partial-birth abortion.

4. So, I don't think I want my kids to watch 'Higgley Town Heros' on the Disney Channel anymore. For a very long time I was greatly annoyed with that show but really couldn't put my finger on why. But as I have prayed about it, God revealed to me why I am annoyed. The show makes heros out to be average people doing average things. But the Bible shows us the real heros are average people doing extraordinary things! Because God uses their lives and their circumstances to glorify Him! That is why David was able to defeat Goliath, why Joshua was able to bring down the wall, why Daniel was able to sleep with the lions! Heros are not people who do the average....They are people who accomplish great works for God. I want my kids to really understand what a true hero is.

5. So, I went to Walmart today to buy a random family in need a complete Thanksgiving meal. Our church is doing that for a service project and I thought it would be really fun to participate. Ok, so this is what I bought.....A big ham, gravy, corn, green beans, fruit cocktail, sweet potatoes, cake, stuffing, etc. And some paper plates, napkins and a table cloth....And a big laundry basket to put it all in. This all cost $110.00. I was a little shocked. It is not that I don't want to spend that on a family, because that is fine. It is just a little shocking to me that one meal for a family of 6 costs that much! And at Walmart!

6. I am getting really excited about Christmas!!! I think I will try to decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving. I just need to clean, clean, clean first. It makes me feel better to know that I am decorating a clean house. I will just have to make the kids buy into that......."Listen kids....You can't scatter Legos all over the floor or get your Thomas trains out or play with your Little People downstairs because it's time to get out the Christmas tree!" I don't think they will go for that...

7. So, I am enjoying blogging a lot. And I am enjoying reading other people's really insightful blogs even more. Go bloggers!

No comments: