Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Abby's Wreath


My three-year-old little girl, Abby, has a fascination with all things 'sparkly'. She loves the glam and the glitz. Everything that is anything to her has to be sequined, glittery or bedazzled. So when we went into Michael's today to get her some new stickers for her potty chart, her little eyes were as big as saucers taking in all of the Christmas decorations. Every single Christmas item in Michael's has at least one layer of glitter, so it is all right up her alley. As we passed the wreaths, I realized that they had all of their 'wreath decorating' stuff on sale.....They had the plain green wreaths for about $3.00 and then all of the floral items for around 50 cents. I asked Abby if she would like to pick out some things to help Mommy make a Christmas wreath and she got very excited. She stuck her little hands in the bins and to my surprise actually picked all these beautiful items in various shades of pinks and purples. Now, pink and purple is not really my style, but it is definitely hers and I was excited that we would get to go home and make a wreath that would really be all hers. We came home and I helped her arrange it all....She went to play while I did the hot gluing. When we were done, I was actually really thrilled with the result...I now have a Christmas wreath that I can keep for a long time that really reminds me of the sweet time I am having with my daughter right now.....A time of pinks and purples and glitter and glam.

2 comments:

beckygiggles said...

Love it! Good job Abby!

Jen @ Happy Little Homemaker said...

i love it! I might borrow her design :).